"Nature Never Forsakes those that LOVE HER"
"Nature makes nothing incomplete, and nothing in vain."
Aristotle (384 BC-322 BC) - Politics I. 1256 b
Due to availability, fluctuating freight and exchange rates - prices may change without notice.
Orders for all tropicals must be placed on the Monday before Friday's pickup or delivery.
- At least 80% of the developed world’s food originated in the tropical rainforests. Its bountiful gifts to humanity include fruits like avocados, coconuts, figs, oranges, lemons, grapefruit, bananas, guavas, pineapples, mangos and tomatoes; vegetables including corn, rice, squash and yams; spices like black pepper, cayenne, chocolate, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, sugar cane, turmeric, coffee and vanilla and many varieties of nuts including Brazils, cashews, macadamias.
- At least 3000 fruits are found in the rainforests; of these, only 200 are now in use in the Western World. The Native Stewards of the rainforest use over 2,000.
- Rainforest plants are rich in secondary metabolites, particularly alkaloids. Biochemists believe alkaloids protect plants from disease and insect attacks. Many alkaloids from higher plants have proven to be of medicinal value and benefit.
- When we choose to buy rainforest tree fruits, we support tropical land preservation that is being violently clear-cut for the raising of cattle for human food consumption at an alarming rate
- About 36 football fields worth of trees lost every minute (World Wildlife Fund (WWF))
- About half of the world's tropical forests have been cleared for animal grazing and slaughter for human consumption
- The clear cut trees are then made into pulp/paper and then into books so we can read about the rainforests, its inhabitants, its foods and medicines of yesteryear.
- When we choose to eat rainforest tree fruits, we say YES! to respecting and taking personal responsibility for supporting and saving habitat for millions of species of plants, insects, birds, animals.
Saying YES! to eating fresh ripe tropical fruits is saying YAH to Life!
She has created Herself to nurture Herself to celebrate Herself through all Her bodies.
YAH Living breath of the Divine Foods